Tuesday, August 23, 2011

from mum



Outfit details: Loft top, F21 belt, my mum's skirt, Mellow Yellow heels

One thing I can say about my mother is that she's always allowed me freedom to wear what I want (within reason, of course- when I demanded sky-high-heels as a 5 year old she did not choose to indulge me). She trusts my opinion on everything fashion related, and has even when it was perhaps not safe to do so! (My middle school years did not include a decent sense of style.) And, best of all, she lets me borrow/steal things from her wardrobe without getting annoyed with me. This skirt is a very old one she bought while we still lived in England at Marks and Spencer. It used to be ankle length, but I dug it out of the recesses of her closet a few months back and only just had it shortened to a more modern length. I love the colors in it, and it will be perfect with some tall boots for fall!

1 comment:

  1. That's a very pretty skirt and it's lovely with the brighter blue. My mom indulged me when I was younger and let me wear hideous outfits (baggy pants were all the rage) even though she should have stopped me.

    ReplyDelete