Tuesday, July 19, 2011

forget me not



Outfit details: Mimi chica top (Nordstrom Rack), long cardigan (Nordstrom Rack), Delia's capris, Steve Madden wedges, gifted silver locket, silver ring from a local boutique, belt ??

They say blue flowers are the rarest. They happen to be my favorite kind. (Can you tell that I love turquoise?)When I happened upon this top with ruched sleeves and an all-over blue floral print (reminiscent of forget-me-nots), I was quite happy! I purchased it a few months back when I first began doing my summer shopping, and it really is a great blouse to welcome in the warmth and color of summertime.

Today was another day of research work, aka long hours spent at a computer going over data. At points interesting, at others exceedingly tedious. It was also muggy and hazy and hot outside, so the cool colors in my outfit were the only cool aspects of my day. I study in Chicago, which is undoubtedly a cooler climate for the majority of the time, and I am definitely a person who prefers being too cold to too hot! That said, there's nothing like a hot summer to let you be lazy and sleepy all the time in preparation for the new school year come autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment