Friday, July 15, 2011

on the dot




 Outfit details: H&M dress, Modcloth belt (from a skirt), my mom's shoes (from Dillards last year)

Even before I started attempting to dress fashionably every day, I'd make it a point to dress nicely on Fridays. Why? Because Fridays bring happiness, usually get togethers with friends, dinners out, movies, general good times! And so my good mood shows in my clothing. Today was made even better because the heat wave is finally gone (until next week) and it's a beautiful breezy 75.

I love this dress, it's so light and colorful! It does have some strange bunching at the waist, so I added a belt, and to finish the outfit off, 'stole' my mom's shoes from her closet since the color was too perfect to pass up.

And now I'm off to attempt cooking some pasta. Hopefully nothing will explode/burn/die in the process. Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog via a group Ive joined on flickr.

    This dress is beautiful and the colours really suit you. I know what you mean about that friday feeling, kind of makes you want to dress up a bit more to start the weekend off with a feel good factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just started following your blog. I was enticed by the pics on Flickr. I love this outfit! The pattern on the dress is so pretty. And the shoes and belt pull the whole thing together. Nice job! Looking forward to your next outfits.

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I have to mention, I absolutely LOVE your hair!!

    ReplyDelete